Wednesday, October 5, 2016

THE MIS-ADVENTURES OF MIS-MATCHED MATCH.COM



OKAY, I FINALLY JUST HAD TO SEE WHAT MATCH.COM WAS REALLY LIKE.
FRIENDS OF MINE TOLD ME IT WORKED FOR THEM. HMMMMM.









THE TITLE OF MY PROFILE WAS---
DAUGHTER OF MOB LAWYER AND SHOW GIRL.

(For my favorite book I wrote that I couldn't decide between "Valley of the Dolls" or "Ulysses.")

The first guy had a very atttractive picture. He lived in a desert country club. He had a foreign name, and I thought that might me interesting. In our one and only phone conversation, I found out he was a Romanian paper-hanger/handyman, and he pitched me a deal to redesign my house.

The second guy sounded bright and funny on the phone. He got my jokes. We met at a local deli and started talking in general terms. I asked him what restaurants he liked in the area.
"Whatever Groupon sends me," was his answer. CHECK, PLEASE!

The third guy was another desert country club dweller. He also had a nice picture and was very involved with golf. As we chatted on the phone, there was a just barely perceptible tone  of "There, there Little Lady" in his voice as he tried "educate me" about Match, and warn me that if I "really wanted a good guy, I'd have to work fast because people like him get taken quickly." I pretended to be grateful for his sage advice, and then suggested he read my blog to get to know me better. (I know; I know). He asked me to meet him for lunch at a high-end restaurant. I accepted and then waited. It took about four hours before I heard from him.
"I just read your blog. I don't like your life. I'm cancelling the lunch." 

And I'm cancelling Match.

 

No comments: