Saturday, October 8, 2016

THE NEW JOAN RIVERS BOOK---PRE-ORDER NOW ON AMAZON

THE BOOK COMES OUT NOV. 15 HARDCOVER, KINDLE, WHATEVER


THIS IS THE ONLY CORRECT BOOK THAT WILL BE DONE ON JOAN BY SOMEONE WHO ISN'T A FAMILY MEMBER. 

IT IS WRITTEN BY VANITY FAIR'S FABULOUS LESLIE BENNETTS.

I was honored to have spent hours and hours with Leslie on the phone and in person to talk in great depth about my blessed friendship and adventures of almost 40 years with my beloved Joan. I am very flattered that she used my suggested title--LAST GIRL BEFORE FREEWAY. I explained to Leslie that that the line was in Joan's first act where she commented, in her self-deprecating way, that she was so unattractive that her mother put that sign up in front of her house in order to gt her married off. While, funny, it represented how Joan really felt about herself her whole life.

Leslie did tons of research and interviews for this book. Her work led to her even more respect, awe, and compassion for this extraordinary, irreplaceable force of nature who changed history for women and the entertainment industry.

I'm writing about Joan, too, in my own book about my many celebrity friendships, but it is only as she pertains to me, not the rest of the world. Leslie's book, is the comprehensive, total, look at Joan's life.

And am I still brought to tears about Joan? Constantly. There is no such thing as closure. You just live your life, knowing that it's just not as bright as it once was. You put one foot in front of the other and just go in gratitude.

READ THIS BOOK.

No comments: